Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Getting what you really want.

I'm not an expert, but I can pretty much guarantee there is not a single person that wants something/someone they don't/can't have. Whether it be something to "complete them" or just because it is the cool thing to have, everyone has something/someone. Whether it be a materialistic teenager that wants their parents to by them the next coolest phone or if it is grown person loving someone/something they once had or it could be some person that fantasizes about Jessica Biel or Tom Brady. What would you do to be able to get this thing you desire so much? This is probably my most serious post to date, you can tell because I turned off the T.V. and turned on my iTunes(that means I mean business) to write this because it has been on my mind from me having something and seeing people around me wanting something.

If you are an aspiring artist, is it worth the risk of bankrupting yourself in order to chase your dreams. Even if you didn't succeed, you tried your best and that is all that matters, right?

If you love somebody and you really think you need a chance to show everyone you do even if everyone thinks you don't, is it worth the risk of heart break to pursue it? Hey, at least you tried and that's all that matters, right? And no matter the outcome, you know the truth and do the best to move on.

If you're an athlete in high school and you have always dreamed since you were little to be in the pros but people have always told you that you are too small or slow or just plain not good enough. If it is your dream to make it big, would you do whatever you could(not steroids or any other performance enhancing drug) to get there even if it meant you weren't good at anything else like academics? Even if you didn't make it, at least you tried and that is all that matters, right?

I know this whole thing sounds like I'm telling people to put it all on the table and just risk everything in order to chase you dream even if it isn't achievable, well, I guess it doesn't just sound like it because I am doing that. I could be wrong. But have you ever felt like you were meant to be something so badly that that feeling overcomes ever single negative thing thrown at you? If you were that artist and no one likes your work, fuck it do it anyway. If you were that athlete and every one thinks all your work is for nothing, fuck it do it anyway. If you are that person in love with someone that no one but you thinks you should be with, fuck it go for it anyway(No, I'm not condoning stalking).

This post reminds me of a quote from one of my favorite movies Harold & Kumar go to White Castle. I know it is a stoner comedy and it isn't a deep meaningful movie at all but one scene actually made sense of things.

Harold: I want that.
Kumar: What? A Hot Dog Heaven super chili cheese dog?
Harold: No. I want that feeling. The feeling that comes over a man when he gets exactly what he desires. I need that feeling!
Kumar: Are you saying what I think you're saying?
Harold: We gotta go to White Castle.
Kumar: YES! YES! I knew you had it in you dude!

I guess I don't really know what I am trying to get at. This is one of those things that all makes sense in my head but is impossible to write out to make sense for everyone else. My head is crowded with thoughts and my heart is crowded with just as many emotions and that does not really go well together right now because I want to write one thing then something tells me "No, write this instead" then I start to write that and something else tells me "No" again. I really hope at least a little bit of this made sense to besides me and I hope maybe sometime soon I can separate all of my thoughts and emotions and post something that makes sense.

Oh-Eh,
Kal El

"Let's go see Paris and wake up in Tokyo, have a dream in New Orleans, fall in love with Chicago."-Lupe Fiasco, "Paris, Tokyo" Great CD, go buy it.

No comments: